The direct-injected and turbocharged 2.0L Hurricane engine found in the 2018+ Jeep Wrangler JL is the most advanced engine ever fitted to a Wrangler. But, despite all the high-tech features that make the Hurricane great, it’s still vulnerable to a very low-tech problem: blow-by.
The fuel efficiency and increased power of direct injection come with the threat of carbon buildup. As fuel and air get squeezed in the cylinder, some of the mixture leaks past the piston rings and carries oil from the cylinder walls with it. This mixture is known as blow-by. To prevent crankcase pressure from building up, the blow-by is then vented into the intake to be re-burned. Blow-by becomes an issue with direct-injected engines when it passes the intake valves. Without fuel spraying over the valve, there’s nothing to wash off the blow-by and heat from combustion and eventually causes it to build up as carbon on the back of the intake valves. That carbon buildup prevents valves from closing fully and disrupts airflow. The result is poor running, misfires, and if left long enough, engine damage.
The best solution to the problem of blow-by buildup is complete prevention. Instead of letting blow-by enter the intake, the Mishimoto 2018+ Jeep Wrangler JL 2.0L direct-fit baffled oil catch can kit diverts it away from the intake valves and into a 7.5 oz catch can. You can then recycle the contents of the catch can with your next oil change. The internal air diverters and baffle of our catch can thoroughly condense oil, fuel, and water vapor so that the only air flowing through your intake is fresh air. In addition, our direct-fit lines and high-flow filter ensure CEL-free running.
Like all Mishimoto products, this 2018+ Jeep Wrangler JL 2.0L catch can kit is protected by our Mishimoto Lifetime Warranty, so your JL can be protected from blow-by for a lifetime.
- Direct fit for the 2018+ Jeep Wrangler JL 2.0L
- Installs in under 1 hour
- Accommodates factory pressure sensor for CEL-free running
- Durable 3mm thick steel bracket mounts the catch can securely while maintaining short hose runs
- Helps prevent carbon buildup on intake valves
- Helps maintain proper octane levels to reduce potential detonation
- Includes direct-fit hoses with pre-installed fittings for quick and easy installation
- 7.5 oz. capacity for longer service intervals
- CNC-machined aluminum barbed fittings create a secure connection between lines and can
- Filter and can are fully serviceable
- Mishimoto Lifetime Warranty